Advertise a vacancy
Advertising a vacancy with Connexions
Connexions Leicester City offers a free recruitment service for businesses operating in Leicester City and those surrounding areas which are easily accessible by public transport from the city. We also offer specialist advice about training and apprenticeships to companies interested in advertising their vacancies to young people.
We will advertise your vacancy on our website and in our Leicester City Connexions centre. We are an agency that deals with 13 to 19 year olds. To conform with age legislation we would suggest that you also consider advertising your position elsewhere such as at the job centre or in the local press.
All that we ask in return is that you let us know the details of any young person (under the age of 20) you employ, even if they did not get referred through Connexions. This enables us to record their employment for our national records.
Placing an advertisement
To place an advertisement with Connexions you will need to call the Connexions Leicester City Employer Services Team on 0116 262 7254 and provide a few details including:
- The opportunity you are offering
- Your company details
- A bullet point list of duties and any training given
- Any qualifications or personal skills required to do the job
- The hours of work and the salary
- How you would like to receive applications. We have a standard application form that you are welcome to use
- A closing date for the advert
You will also need to answer some brief health and safety questions including:
- If you are registered with the Health & Safety Executive or a Local Authority
- Details of your Employers Liability Insurance
Once we have verified all of the details we aim to get vacancies live within 24 hours.
We will call you before the closing date of the vacancy to check the progress of the applications you have received and to find out if you would like to advertise the vacancy for longer.