Our advisers currently work with young people who live in Leicester and who are not in a job, education or training. We can give information, advice, and guidance and arrange expert help if it is needed. Our advisers will listen and want to help.
Our advisers can help young people sort out any problems or issues that are facing them.
If your teenager is looking for a job or a course after they have left Year 11 they can visit our Leicester centre for help.
If your son or daughter has a learning difficulty or disability they may find it hard to find work or a course that suits them. If so an adviser can talk to them about:
- College courses to meet their needs
- Special programmes if they are going straight in to work
- Other people who can help
You can find out more about the help available for young people with a learning difficulty or disability in our Special needs section.
The delivery of services is changing
- Schools are now responsible for providing careers guidance to students in Year 9-11 (years 8-13 from September 2013) . If your child is in education you should contact their school or college for careers advice.
- If your child is not in a job, not in education or training and you live in Leicestershire advisers at Prospects can help them.
National Careers Service helpline and online support
Free online and telephone support is available through The National Careers Service. You can contact an adviser by telephone: 0800 900 100, email, text message or webchat. They are available from 8 am to 10pm every day.
More details at the National Careers Service website (opens in new window).
Connexions Leicester Shire: Young people's site
Info and advice for 13 -19 year olds about education, employment, training, health, money, and much more.
Leicester City Council Childcare Information Service
One-stop shop for information and guidance on childcare, early education and services for children aged 0 - 19 years old living in Leicester.
Leicestershire County Council Family Information Service
Impartial advice and guidance for the whole family.
Page last updated 29/04/13