LeCAP is an on-line application form for Post 16 learning. This includes:
- Courses at schools with 6th forms
- Further Education (FE) college courses
- Foundation Learning
You should apply on LeCAP if you are in Year 11 in a school in Leicester or Leicestershire. Some year 12 students apply for further courses on LeCAP.
- The LeCAP website opens on October 1st.
- Your tutor or adviser will give you a username and password so you can log in.
- When completed your application is sent to your tutor who will check it and add a reference.
- It's then sent to your first two choices.
- You can log in to LeCAP to see the progress of your application at any time.
- The admissions staff at your post 16 choices will contact you to confirm interviews and offers.
|October 1st||LeCAP goes live|
|October or November||You will be given a user name and password and introduced to LeCAP|
|December||You will need to finalise your course choices and send your form to your tutor for checking|
|January 31st||Your school should submit your form before this date|
|February and March||You may be invited to interviews|
|End of April||You should receive any offers|
|10th May||You should accept one offer only. Talk to an adviser if you don't have any offers.|
You can apply to apprenticeship training providers through LeCAP.
To complete an apprenticeship you'll also need an employer. Some training providers can put you in touch with an employer but it's important that you look for apprenticeship jobs yourself by:
In Year 10 your teachers will introduce you to the choices available after Year 11.
When Year 11 starts you should explore choices in more depth:
- Use UCAS Progress to search for courses and apprenticeships.
- Look at college prospectuses and websites
- Ask your teachers and careers adviser about your progress and suitability of your choices.
- Attend ‘Open days’.
- Go to any careers events or talks in school.