Aged 13 -14?
During Year 9 you will need to decide which subjects and courses you want to take in Years 10 and 11.
Your school should give you an options booklet which tells you about the courses you can choose from. Some courses may include time spent at college or on work experience. Courses you could take may include:
Subjects you have to study
- ICT (Information and communications technology)
- PSHE (includes careers education, citizenship and sex education)
- PE (physical education)
- RE (religious education)
Ask at school about what optional subjects you can choose. They might include:
- Art, music and drama
- Design and technology
- Business studies
- Modern foreign languages
- Vocational subjects
Making Your Choice
To help you make up your mind, you could think about what subjects you like, the type of learning that suits you best and where you would like to study.
You need to consider:
- The subjects you enjoy most.
- Things you are good at.
- Subjects you may need for your future career.
- Keeping your options open by choosing a wide range of subjects.
Page last updated 29/10/12