Connexions Leicester Shire has been providing high quality information, advice and guidance services in the local area since 2002.
We have been committed to ensuring that young people have all the information, advice, guidance and support they need to make a positive progression into further learning and work when they leave school.
From 1st October 2012 the services previously delivered by Connexions Leicester Shire have changed
Connexions Leicester City
- Support young people in Leicester who are not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- Work in schools and colleges to deliver independent and impartial careers guidance
- Manage the area prospectus and LeCAP the post 16 application process for city and county schools
Connexions Leicester Shire
- Deliver European Social Fund (ESF) activities for young people
- Provide the National Careers Service face to face to adults
- Manage the National Citizen Service contract for Leicestershire
- Provide training opportunities for the IAG workforce
Support for NEET young people in the county (Leicestershire) is now provided by Prospects